Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Pics from Busua Beach and the Nzulezo Stilt Village

I love this beach, the sand feels like you're walking on chocolate. The beach was very clean and the water was perfect. I wasn't nearly as rouch as it was in Ada Foah.


Joseph, one of the local kids collaborated with me on one of my drawings in the sand. I also got him to draw random stuff.

That's Joseph...

I was really lucky to have a whole bucket of fish right behind me in a Tro. I believe I  mentioned on another post how hot it gets inside, especially when it doesn't move.

Next day we went to visit the Nzulezo Stilt Village, I've never seen anything like it before. The whole village (450 population) is on water.



School Bell...




The house on the left is the guest house we stayed in.

This is the room we stayed in, covered in newspapers and no mosquito nets, so I drenched myself in bug repellent spray.

Scenery from the canoe ride to the village.

Aba-Vivian, she couldn't get enough of the camera and my sunglasses.


Saw some beautiful lilies on the canoe ride to the village.

This is the main street in the village.

Drinking Plam Wine, it was pretty good!

One of three classrooms in the village.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! Great pics Nurit!! :D Glad to see that you're having such a great time. Love the little girl in your sunglasses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!...Some really amazing pictures.
    It looks like you're getting to see the sights. Can't wait to hear more stories when you come back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow those pics are awesome. You look like you are having a great time!!

    ReplyDelete