Monday, January 3, 2011

Re-Set / Vacation Trip

Okay so I lied, I haven't kept up with writing on a regular basis. But at least here is another entry. I packed up my studio last week, which was the hardest thing I had to let go out of all the things I parted with. It was the last big "letting go" moment I had along with when I left my crib last month.
(note: my studio is a temporary let go, however it was still hard to walk away knowing I wouldn't be back for a while.)

my crib, november 29, 2010

I finished getting all my shots, and took my first dose of Dukarol as well as bought my suitcases today.  I'm preparing to go to Ghana for two months to do a voluntary placement with Projects Abroad. I'm going to be doing my placement in the Cantonements  Football Club. I'll be working with 8-21 year old talented football players. I'm very excited and look forward to the unknown!

I'll be arriving in Accra, the capital city of Ghana two weeks from today! In the mean time this Thursday I'll be taking what I call my re-set/vacation trip to the Bahamas. This is where my journey begins! I'll keep you posted with what happens in the Bahamas.

What happens in the Bahamas, might have to stay there.


3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read about your awesome adventures! I expect frequent updates on this blog and/or a Google video chat or two. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. up, up, and awaaaaay! Basinator on the move. Bon voyage, safe journey, and ikimashoooo!! (Japanese will have to do, since I don't know how to say "let's go!" in Twi. You can tell me when you get back.) xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nurit,

    Thought of you today while experiencing my first snow day ever in my life. You must be enjoying the sun :) Looking forward to hearing more about Ghana. Sending you lots of positive energy.

    Iniyal

    ReplyDelete