Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Football Placement and Bootcamp

Since my placement right now does not start until 3pm, I took the liberty of strolling around in my new hood. It’s weird to have everybody look at you, my white skin glows during the day, so I guess I would attract some attention. So far the people in the hood seem very friendly. I went to the local internet café, had lunch around the corner and of course got a fanchoco which is frozen chocolate milk.  The rave reviews met my expectations, it’s very yummy.  Some of you are wondering what the hell I’m eating, well I’m eating everything that is offered to me but in very little doses. This is a time where I’m going to take advantage of trying everything new to me.



Okay so my placement, this is what this blog is about after all. I thought I was just going to be observing on the first day but they already had me talk to the players about their game strategy and I apparently made sense when I communicated this to them because they accomplished what I had suggested. So that was pretty cool. On Monday Eric the coach, will assign specific duties to everyone so I’ll have a better idea on what I’ll be focusing on with the players.  I’m working with the senior team (ages are 18-21), they are amazing football players, which made it very intimidating at first, but my job is to make sure they stick to the strategy and work hard during the training. The players are all very friendly and welcoming.

1 comment:

  1. fanchoco! I want it! since I can't get my hands on this exotic treat you leave me no choice but to mass produce it myself. I think I'll call it "ManChoco".

    ReplyDelete