Tuesday, March 16, 2010

"1985" Part 1 - 24 days - A Miracle! (warning long blog)

Yes I encountered a miracle this morning. My ghetto blaster, well it's actually my older sister's ghetto blaster from 1982ish, started to work again! I remember years ago trying to see if it still worked so I plugged it in and there was no life to it, no life at all. And I remember trying a few more times after that, just to see, but it still didn't work.


In the last few months as I was getting ready to finalize the details for the "1985" show, I kept saying to myself that I really should get that tape deck fixed because it needs to be part of the show. After all it's where I taped all the music from the radio and tv up until probably 1987 when I got my double decker. But my friends had advised me to just get something that looks like it because to try and get that old thing fixed would have cost me a brand new tape deck plus!

As I was getting ready this morning to go out to the east end over to the pawn shops to look for this look alike ghetto blaster, I was looking at the one I have and noticed a switch on the side which I don't remember noticing before. So I thought to myself, you know I should really try and see what this little guy can do because it might be the reason why it's not working. What can I say, I don't give up easily.

So, I switched the little switch on the side, and then I plugged it in. When I plugged it in, I couldn't believe it, I heard a "heart beat", that's what I call it an electronic heart beat! Then I pressed on the rewind button which worked! Then I pulled an old Eurythmics cassette and what do you know, a switch here and a switch there, and boom, the music started to play!
(The lead off song after this blog should be "Let the Music Play" by Shannon.)

2 comments:

  1. YAY! Another thing to cross off your long list, on to the buttons! Nothing like a little miracle to get the day started off right :) TL

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like everything is coming together. A little miracle to boast the spirit!

    ReplyDelete